Mazakon Makes

Mazakon Makes

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

That's a nice pear

"That's so cool" shouted the oldest daughter as I ripped off my clothes and put my Moneta No 2 on as soon as I had sewed the skirt to the bodice. She is now my favourite. My children show the traits I myself developed at an early age - praise handmade stuff a lot. My mother is a maker and I still ring her up to shout enthusiasm about the handmade cards she sends us.

Anyway, back to me. I have been on holiday in the gorgeous West Highlands of Scotland. I was hoping to make the second Moneta to take with me but real life got in the way. However Moneta No 1 was part of my camping wardrobe and got spontaneous compliments from my fellow Gaelic class members.

Hi from Skye

As soon as I had finished my first one I legged it to Mandors as my pal Rachel from Sew Bored had mentioned that they had a sale on with lovely Liberty bargain to be had. I bought some lovely pear patterned Liberty jersey to make my second Moneta, and about three other lots of material with specific projects in mind.

I have no photographers in the house so these pictures have been taken by eldest daughter standing on a chair (from below is just not a flattering angle).


Nice pears
Middle daughter getting in on the action


I love it. Really, really love it. The material is much more drapey than the last jersey I used so it sits beautifully. Also I really love the material - it is fun but still sophisticated.  This is also the most patterned material I have used and I am pleased to report my pears are all in a row. It will be worn out to the pub tomorrow night. 

I am off on my hols again on Monday and I am hoping to make a couple of summer tops - at least one Colette Sobetto which is already cut out and I just need to make the bias for it.

Ciao bellas.



1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric but couldn't think of a project for it. Yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete